Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Planning a collaborative evaluation
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Welcome to the Feminist forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Planning a collaborative evaluation

Planning a collaborative evaluation 5 years, 8 months ago #21

• Shubh
  • Administrator
Employing a collaborative approach in evaluation of development interventions has its own advantages as well as challenges. “Collaborative evaluation is defined as any evaluation in which there is a significant degree of collaboration or cooperation between evaluators and stakeholders in planning and/or conducting the evaluation” (Cousins et al., 1996). One of the challenges we faced in collaborative evaluation of a women focused development intervention was in planning the evaluation process due to limited understanding on the part of both, the evaluator and the implementing organisation, of what the other’s work entailed. Are there any suggestions on how one can address this particular challenge?
The topic has been locked.

Re: Planning a collaborative evaluation 5 years, 8 months ago #25

• Zaveri
  • Fresh Boarder
I agree with Shubh that many women's organizations are deep into action and evaluation is not a priority so the 'jargon' of evaluation can be alien. Having said that, I wanted to broaden the issue and ask - how would we differentiate IN PRACTICE participatory evaluation from collaborative? Do we need to qualify the evaluation as 'feminist collaborative'? If so, what would its characteristics or guiding principles be? How would we differentiate between participatory and collaborative and to ensure that this is not just an intellectual exercise, how would it affect our focus on feminist issues. I guess there are more questions than answers but hope that people will write in with their thoughts.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shubh
  • Page:

The Programme is supported by International Development Research Centre, Canada and Ford Foundation